You may from time to time experience rather cryptic error messages when attempting to send or receive email when using Outlook. Below are some of the most common and a link to the Microsoft Help and Support site to further assist you.
- No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
- The server could not be found. (Account:account name, POPserver:'mail', Error Number: 0x800ccc0d)
- Task 'server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800ccc0f): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact the server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ? K'
- Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes of this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account. account name, Server: 'server name', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800ccc0f
- Task 'SMTP server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact the server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
- The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server 0x8004210a
- A time-out occurred while communicating with the server 0x800ccc19
Visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514 for possible resolutions to any of these issues.