If you wish to transfer your domain name to another Registrar, simply contact them and have them start the transfer process. Since they are the “gaining” Registrar, they will handle all the details.
The following requirements must be met before you can transfer your domain name:
- Since transfer confirmation is done via email, the Admin Contact email address listed on your domain name must be valid. If you are unsure of what you have listed please perform a whois lookup to see what it currently is. If the address is invalid and you have your login information, you can update it through your domain management interface by going to https://manage.opensrs.net . If you do not have the login information you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Your domain name must be at least 60 days old. This is a Registry-imposed requirement that affects all Registrars.
- If your domain name is expired, it must be within the grace period after expiry. Generally this is often 40 days past the expiration date.
- There must be no locks or holds on your domain name. If you need to have your domain name unlocked, you can unlock it yourself from through your domain management interface, under Domain Extras.
- For most types of domains, you will require the transfer authorization code for your domain.